covenantheader

Home | About Us | Church History | Ministries | News | Photo Galleries | Contact & Directions

Evangelism & Social Ministry

    The Lutheran Church of the Covenant offers ongoing care and support to all members and friends of our congregation.  We respond to individuals in times of crisis such as illness or bereavement. We keep in touch with members who are homebound or who now live in seniors’ residences and can no longer come out to church.  We gather together for socials and meals together. Our pastor, our Eucharistic ministers and other volunteer visitors want to make this church a caring community where each person is able to feel the love of God being shared with one another.

Farmers Market

    In addition, we want to reach out to those who may not know Christ and are looking to make sense of their lives in this world.  We believe people matter to God and they should matter to us.  We desire to celebrate our common life together by inviting new people into the church; encouraging the sharing of gifts and talents; forming small groups for study, prayer and fellowship; and providing meals and special events not only for the congregation, but also for those in the surrounding area of Covenant, thus building bridges between the church and the community.

    The social ministries of this congregation have made The Lutheran Church of the Covenant a beacon of hope in the Maple Heights community.  Chief among these are the Southeast Hunger Center and Meals on Wheels.  We have been blessed with dedicated volunteers that give of their time and their talent to ensure that these ministries are carried out.


Return to Top


Our First 100 Years

  Our website features articles about the long, rich history of The Lutheran Church of the Covenant, including its founding congregations, St. Andrew Lutheran Church of Cleveland, which was founded in 1912, and Trinity Lutheran Church of Maple Heights, which was founded in 1920. Please use the links below to learn more.


Church History 1912 St. Andrew 1920 Trinity Lutheran 1947 Merger
1950 Construction 1951 Dedication of Building 1957 Education Wing Other Fixtures