covenantheader

Home | About Us | Church History | Ministries | News | Photo Galleries | Contact & Directions

Merger of St. Andrew and Trinity - 1947

Artifacts

Described on Merger History Page

Trinity Voting Ballots  |  1947 Merger Agreement Documents
"A Story of Progress"  |   Diagrams from "A Story of Progress"  |  
Handwritten notes by Gordon A. Telzrow
  |  Early Covenant Members


Trinity Voting Ballots

On October 16, 1946 St. Andrew's Evangelical Lutheran Church notified Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church that their membership had voted in favor of merging the two congregations. Documentation indicates that the members of Trinity were not all in favor of the idea. Ballot cards in Covenant archives include some with comments for and against the merger.

 

1947 Merger Agreement Documents

Click on Image Below

1947_merger_agreements

"A Story of Progress"

After the two congregations officially united to create“The Lutheran Church of the Covenant” the Voters Assembly asked the pastors, Rev. Oehlschlager and Rev. Swigart to prepare a report about the road ahead and the plans for the construction of the new building.

Click on Image Below

a_story_of_progress_booklet

Return to Top

Diagrams from "A Story of Progress"

Libby Road Diagram 1 Libby Road Diagram 2

Return to Top

Handwritten notes by Gordon A. Telzrow

These pages were found in the archives with the "A Story of Progress" booklet. Gordon Telzrow's insights into the land purchases are very interesting (especially the prices!!)

Return to Top


Early Covenant Members

 

On June 12, 1948 Audrey Mandat & Richard Etling were the first couple married in the merged congregation.
(Photo from 1967)


Etlings
 

Return to Top


Our First 100 Years

  Our website features articles about the long, rich history of The Lutheran Church of the Covenant, including its founding congregations, St. Andrew Lutheran Church of Cleveland, which was founded in 1912, and Trinity Lutheran Church of Maple Heights, which was founded in 1920. Please use the links below to learn more.


Church History 1912 St. Andrew 1920 Trinity Lutheran 1947 Merger
1950 Construction 1951 Dedication of Building 1957 Education Wing Other Fixtures